The provision of fire safety services in George’s Brook-Milton is being enhanced through a $245,000 investment for the purchase of a new pumper tanker for the community.
The announcement was made last night by the Honourable Dan Crummell, Minister Responsible for Fire and Emergency Services-NL, and the Honourable Ross Wiseman, Speaker of the House of Assembly and MHA for Trinity North.
“In keeping with our commitment to increase the availability of equipment and vehicles across the province, we are investing $245,000, cost-shared with the community of George’s Brook-Milton, for a new pumper tanker. This new vehicle will be a valuable asset for volunteer firefighters in the community, who give of their time for the safety of fellow residents,” Dan Crummell.
Budget 2014: Shared Prosperity, Fair Society, Balanced Outlook includes $5 million in fire vehicle and equipment funding which is the largest investment ever made in this area.
“This is an important day for the community of George’s Brook-Milton. This new firefighting vehicle is a modern piece of equipment that will enhance response capability during emergency situations. I look forward to the truck arriving in spring 2015,” says Wiseman.
The truck will be cost-shared with the provincial government providing 90 per cent of the funding and the municipality covering the remaining 10 per cent. This four-door vehicle will have 1,500-gallon water capacity and a 400-gallon per minute pump.