Crews from various St. John's Regional Fire Department (SJRFD) stations were dispatched to a minor fire at the Southcott Hall on Forest Road jin St. John's just before 11 a.m. Tuesday morning.
The first responding arrival crews from the Central Fire Station were met with smoke rising from the front lower roof area.
The cause of the minor fire was related to roofing work being done.
Crews put the fire out and were ensuring the building is clear of any lingering smoke before people can go back inside.
No injuries were reported at the scene but the Eastern Health paramedics were on standby if needed.